Chicago R models

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PeterMack said:

Are you thinking of the one that said RG on the door? I know his son Nick, who has a couple trucks leased to Weiner. I'll ask him what happened to it. Might not be his Dad in the CH anymore. I think he had a stroke or a heart issue a year or two ago.

Yes that's the one RG distributing I always liked that old truck never got washed just kept working and making money.

Nicks dad goes by the handle, "Whiskers". Ranchopper,do you remember the slope-nosed Hendrickson they (R.G. Distributing) ran in the '80's-'90's?   Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

Hey ranchhopper  seen one of ur structure  trucks on 80 r u back to hauling stone

The golden boys work all winter hauling structures, pipe and pulling our gravel trailers we get to sit around until there is enough to keep all them working and we get whats left over.

13 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

Nicks dad goes by the handle, "Whiskers". Ranchopper,do you remember the slope-nosed Hendrickson they (R.G. Distributing) ran in the '80's-'90's?   Al

The Hendrickson belonged to RG's dad and he drove it, old Herb was his name. I grew up two houses over from where RG lived in Gilberts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

No I cant say I remember that one.

Trying to find a picture of one on the internet. A rare piece. Theirs had an H model (same as IH Fleetstar) cab on it,but a sloped,short hood.  Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

I got ya.well it won't be long before you get back.I only have one golden boy where I work but we both have been busy so far this year

We have lots of golden boys doesn't look like they used much of the stock piled material we hauled in last summer because they kept the plant stocked as it used up the stone this winter. Its going to be interesting how they will keep six of us hauling gravel with nowhere to put it when we get there.

10 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Don't see any chains lying on deck-would have to think enough of an angle and too much "steel on steel" on ramp/beavertail and off it went??

I'm thinking its real soft there looks like the trailer sunk in until it tipped the machine off then went back down.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:38 PM, 57 bcr said:

The more I think about it Al I do remember that truck it was blue with a silver grille I thought it was an old cornbinder that why I never paid much attention to it.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 7:35 AM, PeterMack said:

Here is a picture of Del Toro's RD. It's not the best picture of the truck. Just look at the truck though, nothing else to see here😁😁

14115479_10207541592162632_5469312119766635207_o.jpg

I have had to offload in the center of a Chicago street because the crown in the road was just as bad. Its just common sence you dont try to move a machine if the trailer is leaning. And look at the sag in those crap ramps...SMH

• Like 1