Chicago R models

last week I was on East Sandwich Rd south of Hinkley and saw two R models with hoppers in the field with a Gleaner combine.

Was pretty cool cause you don't see that too often. Was on the phone and couldn't take a picture. Went by on my next round to take a picture and they were already gone. Dose anyone know who's they are?

So I had off today and Snake and I were running some errands and I got some good pics.

I believe the green RDs are former Plote trucks and the white with orange stripes might be old Lowe trucks. One of my friends thinks the brownish R might be an old Waste Management truck.

These pics were taken on Virginia in in the owner of Sunsets yard next to Waste Management.

I'm guessing they are for sale. They just showed up,this week.

post-13203-0-74472800-1447379747_thumb.j

post-13203-0-54868300-1447379760_thumb.j

post-13203-0-21862600-1447379771_thumb.j

post-13203-0-48740700-1447379782_thumb.j

post-13203-0-49493500-1447379795_thumb.j

• Like 1

Are you going to paint this one orange and white?

I see the Granites all the time up and down 47.

That's the plan over winter. See, my kid bother will turn 18 in February and of coarse he's gonna get his license. So he's been looking at trucks and now he thinks that the Blue RD fits the bill. We have been doing a lot of our own painting and he will be helping with it which makes him appreciate it a lot more. Hood is busted up on it pretty bad. We have hubs for the rears and the rest of the truck has been gone through. Makes sense to me, unless he finds a decent Superliner for next to nothing!
  • Like 1

Is the harvest winding down your way lots of tillage work done here in joliet area I heard corn southwest of coal city was 35 bu acre

Yeah it's pretty much over still have some guys going. Elevator is plugged full they started a second pile of corn for temporary storage and we are currently working on getting a bean bin empty to store more corn

• Like 1

That's the plan over winter. See, my kid bother will turn 18 in February and of coarse he's gonna get his license. So he's been looking at trucks and now he thinks that the Blue RD fits the bill. We have been doing a lot of our own painting and he will be helping with it which makes him appreciate it a lot more. Hood is busted up on it pretty bad. We have hubs for the rears and the rest of the truck has been gone through. Makes sense to me, unless he finds a decent Superliner for next to nothing!

That's cool that he likes the older stuff.