1964 Mack B755 for sale, what is it worth?

I think it is still for sale. It is sitting at a truck repair shop with a for sale sign in it as of yesterday at least. East Central Diesel in East Bethel Mn if anyone interested.

It may be my favorite model of truck but I can't justify the expense of purchasing and repairing it. If it was for sale for half the price, I may be interested.

262 cummins were 220 cummins with a turbo kit put on. My dad added this kit to his transplanted cummins in '62 G-75 Cabover. He later got rid of the triplex, single axle/tag axle and replaced them with a 14spd quad and 38k camelbacks from a F model. He said with the 262 kit it would outrun new 335 cummins pulling Green Tree hill coming out of Pittsburgh on the "parkway" now called I-376. He loved this truck. He wishes he never sold it and always talks about it... That's why my name is "220cummins" on this board.

To make a 220 a 262 you changed the injectors, valve timing, pistons , exhaust manifold and add a turbocharger. Some didn't change the 15:1 pistons to have more snap but they didn't last long, head gasket problems, and no piston coolers. A NTC 335 was a great engine , good power and long life with little or no problems. A man I knew very well had a AU 70 Autocar with a 335, RTF 910, SLHD 4.11 ( ex petroleum hauler) under his Lo-bed and I drove it a few times in the mid 70's. locally at that time big power comapred to 673's, 220's, 250's, 671's. He always said this truck "has balls as big as the earth" but real power was out on the road the KT's and the 1693's. I have all the pieces of the truck except the engine and radiator, sad story.

The 743 group of Cummins engines I like the most, and have 20 or more, but there is no small bore 262 cummins that will out perform the 855 335, thats garage talk , sorry.

Is the B-77 worth the asking price , I would say so.

FW

It may be my favorite model of truck but I can't justify the expense of purchasing and repairing it. If it was for sale for half the price, I may be interested.

I agree, it's my favorite also. I paid 2k for mine in a somewhat running condition, but I did steal it. If you have the money I think that truck is worth that.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

I have 3 B755 and all were repowered with Cummins in line 6's. The old 864's gave some folks fits and it was very common out west to simply replace them with a Cummins. The 70 series accomodated the Cummins quite easily. For show though I like having the V8 power back in them. Not a bad price if the cab is not rusted out. And like one ol driver told me. the 3 sticks were sure handy and gave you that 150rpm split to get around your buddy on a long pull..............but you could forget where you were sometimes and have to start all over again.

To make a 220 a 262 you changed the injectors, valve timing, pistons , exhaust manifold and add a turbocharger. Some didn't change the 15:1 pistons to have more snap but they didn't last long, head gasket problems, and no piston coolers. A NTC 335 was a great engine , good power and long life with little or no problems. A man I knew very well had a AU 70 Autocar with a 335, RTF 910, SLHD 4.11 ( ex petroleum hauler) under his Lo-bed and I drove it a few times in the mid 70's. locally at that time big power comapred to 673's, 220's, 250's, 671's. He always said this truck "has balls as big as the earth" but real power was out on the road the KT's and the 1693's. I have all the pieces of the truck except the engine and radiator, sad story.

The 743 group of Cummins engines I like the most, and have 20 or more, but there is no small bore 262 cummins that will out perform the 855 335, thats garage talk , sorry.

Is the B-77 worth the asking price , I would say so.

FW

I never drove the truck or even seen the truck because it was sold before I was even a thought.As the "garage talk" goes I'm just relaying what was told and he was always adament it was a 335 in the White Cabover because they were pulling for the same company with the same gross of steel coils.I thought the early 335's were 743's? Also didn't the 335 come in different hp rating? I remember seeing something like 250,280,320 and then 335 ratings somewhere? I do know however that the "turbo kit" was just some pump work, adjusted the injectors, exhaust manifold, and added a pryometer because of the lack of piston coolers. No pistons were changed. He hauled steel, concrete pipe, docksplank(concrete floors), and pulled box trailers pretty much every day for another 8 or so years after the turbo was added with no problems with the motor at all. The one problem he did have was with an oil hose he got made up at for the compressor. After two air compressors he figured out the oil hose had a defect and was made soild in the middle. But thats not engine related.

From the interior picture it appears this B755 has the straight steering column. I have seen both the straight ones like the LT and the u joint which puts the steering wheel flatter and away from you. Why did B755's come both ways? Never seen this in any other L cab B's.

• 2 weeks later...

The 262 was a 220 (743 ci block with a Turbo) while the Iron Lung 275, 300 and 320 were had a gear driven super charger.

The exhhuast on the latter dropped off the back toward teh firewall which added to their wonderful sound. The 262's center dropped into the turbo.

• 1 month later...
Old thread I know,I bought the B755, gonna bring it home in the next week or so. Got a pretty good deal on it, couldn't pass it up.

I was wondering what became of this truck, glad you got it. What are your plans for it?

Yea sold the yellow one, got the money, waiting for the guy to pick it up. AS for the B755, plan on cleaning it up, maybe redo the seat, check the motor over, do an overhead,and probably put the pump on the machine at work and check it over. Think I will leave the exterior pretty much alone, looks cool and I kinda like the patina.

Yea sold the yellow one, got the money, waiting for the guy to pick it up. AS for the B755, plan on cleaning it up, maybe redo the seat, check the motor over, do an overhead,and probably put the pump on the machine at work and check it over. Think I will leave the exterior pretty much alone, looks cool and I kinda like the patina.

I agree that it looks good. I wonder why this had such a long wheelbase for a tractor. Might it have been a straight truck at one time or might there have been another reason for its length? Maybe it was originally used for pulling a logging trailer?

• 2 years later...

I was interested and had many email discussions with the owner about pricing and logistics of the "freshened up" B. Then, one day I never heard from him again. I also believe he has not been active on here since that time. I honestly hope he is ok as I kept reaching back out every couple of months or so via email. I never had his phone number.

I was interested and had many email discussions with the owner about pricing and logistics of the "freshened up" B. Then, one day I never heard from him again. I also believe he has not been active on here since that time. I honestly hope he is ok as I kept reaching back out every couple of months or so via email. I never had his phone number.

That's one of those strange stories when something goes wrong regardless you kept all efforts you should.

Too hope the owner is ok, as I remember he put some love into the truck, not just re-sold it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012