1964 Mack B755 for sale, what is it worth?

This truck is for sale about 50 miles away from me. One of my favorite truck models (love that L model cab and big chrome grill). How much do you think/feel this truck is worth? Looks like it's been sitting a while judging by the photos.

Here is what the ad says:

262 cummins, 220 turbo quad with a 3 way transmission

10 vent aluminum wheels, Camel back read suspension.

New batteries runs!!!

What do they mean by "read suspension"? Do they mean 'road' suspension, as in it is not made for off-highway use? I thought all Camel-back suspensions were good for off-highway use. What is a "220 turbo quad"? Is it a 262 Cummins with a turbo from a 220 Cummins? I assume the quad refers to a 4 main & a 3 speed auxillary transmission, but I thought a 5 speed was always used in these applications.

B755-1.jpg

B755-2.jpg

B755-3.jpg

B755-4.jpg

• Like 1

I just did some research and thanks to a previous posting by Superdog, I learned that the B-755 came with a Mack 864 V8 engine and was available with your choice of B cab or L cab. So, I assume this truck is less valuable for having a Cummins transplant (I also learned that a 262 is simply a typical 220 with the addition of a turbo) but I assume that the L cab option is very rare. Is this correct?

Good find on my mind.

I'm not a great fan of B61 although that L model cab with big chromed front make it attractive.

Shure if it have original Mack V8 it's more and more interesting.

Does anybody know about the steering wheel came from?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

I live a few miles from the shop the truck is located and checked it out a while back. Its a pretty nice truck, cab and hood do have a bit of rust bubbling but no holes. Tires and frame look good. I think the pics in the ad may be from a while back, truck has been sitting for a while. engine runs good, didn't drive it though. If it was a bit cheaper I would buy it, but don't really have the room with the 58 I have in the driveway already. I work for Cummins but I too wish it still had the V8 Mack.

262 cummins were 220 cummins with a turbo kit put on. My dad added this kit to his transplanted cummins in '62 G-75 Cabover. He later got rid of the triplex, single axle/tag axle and replaced them with a 14spd quad and 38k camelbacks from a F model. He said with the 262 kit it would outrun new 335 cummins pulling Green Tree hill coming out of Pittsburgh on the "parkway" now called I-376. He loved this truck. He wishes he never sold it and always talks about it... That's why my name is "220cummins" on this board.

262 cummins were 220 cummins with a turbo kit put on. My dad added this kit to his transplanted cummins in '62 G-75 Cabover. He later got rid of the triplex, single axle/tag axle and replaced them with a 14spd quad and 38k camelbacks from a F model. He said with the 262 kit it would outrun new 335 cummins pulling Green Tree hill coming out of Pittsburgh on the "parkway" now called I-376. He loved this truck. He wishes he never sold it and always talks about it... That's why my name is "220cummins" on this board.

any picsof your Dad's G?Sound's like a sweet old truck.