Longer wheel studs

Im surprised Euclid doesnt make one thats pretty much the one stop shop for chassis parts, it may have to be a different style stud to mount the thicker wheels as long as the threads and the knurled portion of the shoulder are the same the head should clear and the rest of the stud can have a different straight shoulder or thread length.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Wayne

I use "CBS Parts" in Burnaby, they have an outlet in Abbotsford... the Euclid stud sizing chart is usually on the parts desk.. they got me all my odd ball stuff for my 56 bus, sometimes you have a minimum order for package size and have to wait for a stock order or pay extra freight... don't forget to renew the back nuts and hardened washers, not supposed to be used twice (but we all do!!)..

http://cbsparts.ca/c.../cbs-abbotsford

also, try Inland KW in Burnaby, plus all the truck shops in Port Kells/Langley... there's got to be a "wise man" among them..

BC Mack

• Like 1

Superdog, you may have more options down there. I need about 5/8 more length on the outboard thread than in the picture. Some one must have put Aluminum on the old Mack before!

Im guessing 3/4-16 Left and Right thread on the wheel end but I dont know what the other side is, can you get me the thread size on the back. I found one that looks to be that size in my catalog its 5/8 on the back and appears to match the stud you have. I can probably find it I just need to know for sure what the thread sizes are and I am guessing the back length of 1.75" is ok but you need something more like 2.5 to 3 on the 3/4-16 wheel end instead of 2", is that correct and you have left and right handed studs not all the same correct?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

ok ill give it a shot tomorrow adn get back with ya.

Wayne: Do you know the size of front axle you have.Stamped in web under r/h spring.FA 508,510,600,etc.with brakes or without.Mack part numbers are FA 510 & 508 are 18AX145,146,881,882.for FA 600 are 169,170.mine is a FA 600.there 4inches over all.these numbers are for Budd wheels not Dayton.stud size in hub might be larger on mine.

post-10018-0-33675400-1350678881_thumb.j

This is the measurment of the studs I have, inboard thread .870 x 1.743 shoulder thru hub .939 flange measured on flat sides 1.152 outer thread 1.112 x2.114 , needs to be 3/4 inch longer Thanks

So if i have figured it right 7/8" x 1 3/4 long then the flange and 1 1/8 x 2 9/64 but you need an additional 3/4 inch so over all length to be at 4 7/8 to 5 inches.

Based off that description of the original stud it should be a euclid E-5922-L /R, there is not a stud that is that size 3/4 inch longer

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Bob, it was Ross i called. Tomastractorsvc, Yes, that is what I found out! I just have to get 'em built! And Fifth wheel, That was my plan "B" or "C", LOL Couldn't find anyone willing to certifi it tho! Well, it is comeing together now, everything back in the frame now, fired it up. Got the cab back from the paint shop, and should pick up the rest this week. Studs should be ready next week. Will be posting more pictures soon!

I forgot to get back with ya, I looked too but no luck, I found the 3/4 studs but not the big ones.