Connecticut Construction Trucks

Lucky for Australia, the super trucker look with visors covering the window and gearstick touching the roof and sitting on the floor has never caught on

Looks ridiculous and I can't imagine it is comfortable to spend 14 hours a day sitting on the floor stretching my neck to look out under a visor

Paul 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

yup. 99% of 12 inch window blockers and super tall shifters are on trucks driven by floor sitting "super truckers" that can not see anything less than 1/4 mile ahead of them.

Did you ever try to drive one of those ?   I moved one once (moved it)  I don't think I could actually drive something like that all day.

3 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Lucky for Australia, the super trucker look with visors covering the window and gearstick touching the roof and sitting on the floor has never caught on

Looks ridiculous and I can't imagine it is comfortable to spend 14 hours a day sitting on the floor stretching my neck to look out under a visor

Paul 

Funny thing , your trucks have protection around the windshield (s) and I'd imagine extended shifters because of raised cabs.  Those things are functional and don't look silly .  The low visor / high shifter floor dwellers ???  IDK   to each their own, but I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I had never thought about that, yes we probably do have a lot of very tall gear sticks

And mesh over the lower half of windscreens

Most trucks have huge visors but they are like a verandah on a house, they allow you to see out and keep the sun out

Paul

Exactly.  It's purposeful and blends right in.   Some of the "custom" stuff here ????  I don't get it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark T said:

Did you ever try to drive one of those ?   I moved one once (moved it)  I don't think I could actually drive something like that all day.

nope. i was asked to once and refused. 

the floor driving is only in the lowboy. fill the seat up and 5 minutes later you are back on the floor.

but at least you can see decently out of that truck when low in the seat.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

a few years ago, I did $3,000.00 + work on a KW 900L..  Chicken lights, a bumper, stacks, shields,  lollipop lights, and interior light strips, oh yeah and chrome switches..  but the truck needed a taller 5th wheel, a few tires, gear oil change, exhaust elbows, and rear light bar mud flaps..  My point is, that it was more important to look good, than to be DOT compliant,  I also had to fix the shifter and knob on the 3 foot tall shifter.  and was asked to figure out why the truck would jump out of gear at times..  I told him the tall shifter was the issue, but he said that a guy told him it's not the issue..  Ok...  whatever...  

• Haha 2

Too many likes fellas I thought I’d put them all down here. I broke in as I’ve mentioned an R model.and  U model most of us were sitting really high in  both models but I do agree if that’s what you like go for it. I do appreciate a lot of extra lights and chrome just not necessarily my style as far as sitting on the floor I will never understand that one…. Bob

• Like 1
  • Like 1

from what I see in the way of "super truckers" in CT with their blacked out windows/  front visor covering window / and the 100 + extra lights ; not to mention the reckless high speed driving (I said not to mention ); coffee and donut bet on the style vehicle they own ::on the ground/blacked out windows, most time if you can see in as it passes you at twice highway speed , you don't see the driver cause its laying almost in rear seat location. they must want same feeling behind their "car" as the large car .

not sure of this "pete" fellow you speak of LMAO!! I will admit a large car of another brand when set up properly is a nice-looking unit. good two-tone color scheme/ enough chrome to look parade like without over kill /flat top sleeper and decent wheelbase along with few other goodies. for over highway work not as much hauling dirt products. think large car pulling alum flat deck looks fantastic.