Connecticut Construction Trucks

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh man. that’s what I’m talking about when I was a young teenager that was thousands of them everywhere you could stand  as a New Haven toll Plaza and see one offset coming at you every 10-15  seconds. The good old days…. Glad you’re keeping them alive.bob

• Like 1

the DM 800 for construction is a majestic beauty ; BUT the DM600 steel nose tractor is a league of it's own ::: NOT talking about having to work on the half cab Pain-in- a-- ! the appearance short steel hood real nice. thanks for pictures also.

• Like 2

let's see if the "ole timers" know this answer (ok maybe you youngster know. back in had to be mid 70's a construction fleet in CT bought two (2) DM 600 steel nose tractors and trailer dumps from Waterbury Mack . I wasn;t allowed to drive them to delivery- I had to use company car and pick up the drivers. the tractors were red or orange  (not F&F).; thought they went towards Torrington area . this question has boggled my mind since looking at this steel nose DM and also the post of ct construction . 

There was so many of the fact there are these guys probably don’t even remember, which was which there was so many companies using the offsetcab too many to remember Transcon Beacon fast  Freight st. John’s bury homes transportation Cumberland Farms purities, supreme roadway, jasco aluminum Stern can  Company law transport dorn trans nemf highway express those are just a few I remember… bob

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

the DM 800 for construction is a majestic beauty ; BUT the DM600 steel nose tractor is a league of it's own ::: NOT talking about having to work on the half cab Pain-in- a-- ! the appearance short steel hood real nice. thanks for pictures also.

I don’t remember too many DM600 steel nose but a lot more 800s … bob

Also starter is very hard to get it on mine. You can’t really get to it from me inside of the cab or the outside thank God I’ll never have to change it again last time I changed it. I was only 38 put a brand new one in there…. Bob

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

I don’t remember too many DM600 steel nose but a lot more 800s … bob

there weren't many steel nose 600's sold back then . Mack dumps were either the long nose 800's or fiber nose 600's. that's one reason I can't remember where those two steel 600's were delivered to. I made many trips to O&G torrington for new trucks ;; all were fiber 600's. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

Also starter is very hard to get it on mine. You can’t really get to it from me inside of the cab or the outside thank God I’ll never have to change it again last time I changed it. I was only 38 put a brand new one in there…. Bob

removing the small plastic side cover inside wheel well helped very little. gave enough room for someone with a 2x4 to help balance the starter while in the cab mech tried to catch the bolts. two people one standing on tire pulling rope attached to started worked. in the cab twisted like escape artist you end up with a back like I have after unknown number of starter replacing. besides a few downfalls the 600 still fine-looking machine. possibly one reason the smarter folk said " screw that mechanic stuff , I'll drive em"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

there weren't many steel nose 600's sold back then . Mack dumps were either the long nose 800's or fiber nose 600's. that's one reason I can't remember where those two steel 600's were delivered to. I made many trips to O&G torrington for new trucks ;; all were fiber 600's. 

not that it matters ;BUT the ole brain cells woke up enough to remember the two  steel nose DM600' tractor/trailer dumps went to:: INNES Bros construction (Torrington ?)  ring a bell to anyone else ?? many unmentioned CT construction truck ;could easy fill another volume of the good days

• Like 1

One of the last jokes I heard from Maury Amsterdam and rose Marie Rose said I’m surprised at your age you remember to zip up and Murray replied at my age. I’m surprised I remember to zip down. We’re all getting their bud…. Bob

• Haha 1