Connecticut Construction Trucks

10 hours ago, Brocky said:

TJC, I think I know the truck you are speaking of.. It is called "UGLY" and has a Jersey personalized plate that says UGLY.  Painted all white.. just went thru my Macungie pictures and it apparently was not ugly enough for me to take a picture!!!

thats it!!! UGLY, not the beast. 

i was going from memory as i have not been out that way in about 10 years.  it lives out front as "yard art" but goes out as needed.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

13 hours ago, tjc transport said:

thats it!!! UGLY, not the beast. 

i was going from memory as i have not been out that way in about 10 years.  it lives out front as "yard art" but goes out as needed.

TJC:

I have not been up to Macungie for the last 2 years, BUT they have had it displayed there for 3-5 years previous..

Brocky

Biggest wrecker I've ever seen in my life I believe is in Connecticut.  Big 6 axle Peterbilt. Looked to have 3 steering axles and 3 drives ?  It's huge. Wanna say it was a hundred ton rotator (not sure) Just happened to see it passing through the area here, and I'm think'n it was going to a company in Connecticut.  Never see any of those giant wreckers made out of Macks anymore.  🙁

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Extra female??????

now we don't know about that to which you speak. plane going to an in house party ;; not in the world of construction. 

no one knows how a Mack dealer in CT received the final bid from NHTR ( new haven truck rental ) for over 200 new Macks  in mid 70's (except this young  kid ) asked to keep an open bay at night before closing. still goes on today; except today it 's $$$$$$

48 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

now we don't know about that to which you speak. plane going to an in house party ;; not in the world of construction. 

no one knows how a Mack dealer in CT received the final bid from NHTR ( new haven truck rental ) for over 200 new Macks  in mid 70's (except this young  kid ) asked to keep an open bay at night before closing. still goes on today; except today it 's $$$$$$

I think "extra Female" had to do with I assume a corporate plane accident?  No clue-I was asking😎

9 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

EJ

Per-Lux "fog" lights? I remember..after a while you could see the water accumulating in them!

Ah the fun good days LOL , that thin gray rubber seal never did it's job. bottom half of louvers didn't last long after internal "flood" always rotted out. fact they were installed on the DM kept with period correct acc. great job.

• Like 1

that is one fine looking unit. enough chrome to look good yet not a circus wagon. the black radiator  sets the picture. unusual to see white hood (and air cleaner ) which doesn't follow up to cab roof. a look all it's own. fender guides = with mascot bulldogs showing the way AND the correct spot mirrors complete the package 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

that is one fine looking unit. enough chrome to look good yet not a circus wagon. the black radiator  sets the picture. unusual to see white hood (and air cleaner ) which doesn't follow up to cab roof. a look all it's own. fender guides = with mascot bulldogs showing the way AND the correct spot mirrors complete the package 

Still need to put Turn signal's  & Strapping for hood .......Trying to Finish the R-Model ......But we been real Busy......Making $$$$$$$$ to pay for Hobby ?

Ed