Connecticut Construction Trucks

On 11/5/2023 at 8:07 AM, Brocky said:

Thanks for the pictures..

With the length of that boom out back, that Oshkosh needs more weight up front if they pick up anything Heavy...

don't know if a tank retriever is going to totally lift  the  tank with boom extended completely. boom in it may nave capacity to lift unit to load on a trailer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, blackdog2 said:

Operator's said it is slower.........?

So it it electric..? looks like a big genset underneat it. Check out Sennebogen's website.  Family owned business.

There was a big one working at the golf course near me this  summer.  Wheeled unit like a 4 wheel rubber tired excavator  but I'll bet boom and dipper stick totaled 50 feet or more .  looked like it had a mulching head on it so  this sucker could reach up like 50+ feet and chew a tree top down.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 9:38 PM, Red Horse said:

So it it electric..? looks like a big genset underneat it. Check out Sennebogen's website.  Family owned business.

There was a big one working at the golf course near me this  summer.  Wheeled unit like a 4 wheel rubber tired excavator  but I'll bet boom and dipper stick totaled 50 feet or more .  looked like it had a mulching head on it so  this sucker could reach up like 50+ feet and chew a tree top down.

They have to run special power for the unit from the street....

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, blackdog2 said:

350-hp  12-speed  24-volt good for 80-K   26-ton pay load rubber block suspension 408135708_7335172926507244_5653035243559121360_n.thumb.jpg.cef6572b7293a33c34529771b7eb3cf3.jpg

back in the good days when Mack roamed the land !! those dump body ribs were the "talk of the town" after being seen  motivating up/down the highway around here. guess that's why they made the Mack calendar and O&G didn't. not adding O&G to the calendar cost Mack plenty. soon O&G became "another brand "fleet.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

back in the good days when Mack roamed the land !! those dump body ribs were the "talk of the town" after being seen  motivating up/down the highway around here. guess that's why they made the Mack calendar and O&G didn't. not adding O&G to the calendar cost Mack plenty. soon O&G became "another brand "fleet.

I test drove a O & G quad axle only 285 hp with 2060 tran's and it was a experience why somebody would build it ...... 

• Haha 1

Ed

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

looks like the subtitles are one picture off. still excellent pictures .

A towing outfit built it from New Jersey putting a Mack cab & motor on it with a repower the other 1 is still a Oshkosh with a Cummings in it that was owned by Fountain's garage in New Haven....

• Like 1

Ed

On 12/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, mechohaulic said:

Well O & G remains  in business bigger than ever.  D'Addario is gone right?

50 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Well O & G remains  in business bigger than ever.  D'Addario is gone right?

just imagine if O&G were still a Mack fleet. back then working for Waterbury Mack ,I set up and delivered O&G's new triaxles  #'s 356-376. the quads showed up  after I left Mack . 

13 hours ago, blackdog2 said:

A towing outfit built it from New Jersey putting a Mack cab & motor on it with a repower the other 1 is still a Oshkosh with a Cummings in it that was owned by Fountain's garage in New Haven....

i wonder if that was a Guaranteed rig? 

they still have a giant Oshkosh in their fleet. if i remember correctly it is named "the beast"

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Well an impressive piece of "iron"...but think of what a new rotator can do...granted for a million bucks!?

To be on the state ..... Rotator 75-ton of tow's truck's Freezer box  , Dump's to do state work ......Jimmy ask Me if I could help in the future at Matt Phal's party....

• Like 1

Ed

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i wonder if that was a Guaranteed rig? 

they still have a giant Oshkosh in their fleet. if i remember correctly it is named "the beast"

TJC, I think I know the truck you are speaking of.. It is called "UGLY" and has a Jersey personalized plate that says UGLY.  Painted all white.. just went thru my Macungie pictures and it apparently was not ugly enough for me to take a picture!!!

Brocky