Connecticut Construction Trucks

i drove for stamford 90/91 tim. was a great company to work for just to far to travel each day. 260 miles down and back. remember their superdog with the 500 very well. a guy named ellis drove. it

Cool Jim,

I did not realize that. That would have been a hard drive everyday. Traffic in Hartford, then New Haven then the Stamford, Bridgeport traffic....YUCK. Bryan, cool photos' keep them coming!

I work at the Coast Guard Academy New London Ct. and that BT Sessa DM was used here hauling fill from

a base constuction project. There were about 20 different dumps used here for this project. They were all Macks except for one IH and one pete. Campaturo is the construction lead contractor. They have RD's

and sharp Granites. The BT Sessa Mack clearly was the best sounding of all of them(237 staight pipe I believe) McLure also supplied a DM and an RD(looked like ex Rawson Macks) Rawson went over to the dark side-(KW). Unfortunately most of Connecticut has gone Paccar. :SMOKIE-RT:

I like the before shots of the DM Bryan. It reminds me of my U model for some reason.

I'm shocked something would remind you of a "U" model.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

A couple Arute trucks are resting in this line up at Yawarski's yard in Canterbury, CT in 2004. The truck on the far right looks to be a LJ and the radiator guard starts ARU. There are a couple more at the end of the row and the name can be read after clicking the picture. The Arute trucks have the blk and white diagonal paint on the bumpers.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Arute Bros. pictures of trucks "in service" also.

Jim

Sweet!!! I remember when Bryan posted that U609X I think it was on his Flikr. That was at Yaworskis. Very Rare.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

A couple Arute trucks are resting in this line up at Yawarski's yard in Canterbury, CT in 2004. The truck on the far right looks to be a LJ and the radiator guard starts ARU. There are a couple more at the end of the row and the name can be read after clicking the picture. The Arute trucks have the blk and white diagonal paint on the bumpers.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Arute Bros. pictures of trucks "in service" also.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

nice to see this line up.

TIM I believe Arute still has a location on rt 3 in Cromweel Ct close to the Fryhoffer bread store. Havn't looked in a while but they used to have some B-81's and DM's there.

Across the street there is aother small outfit with some nice red dm's ad R's. If you look at Bing maps middlefield ct.- Suzio has a ton of old DM's and crane carriers for your arial pleasure. Unfortunately they have been running Pacaar for a while. :twothumbsup:

BKROIS First LJSW that I've seen with LJSWX fenders, headlite standtions and front bumper with soft nose.Nice bunch of pictures.Wish I could figure out how to transfer mine.Bob D

i do it from photo album,,,if that helps you.bob