•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

1964 Ford F850 Fire Truck $1200

Ford F850

Old Listing Alert!

Guest, this item was listed over 45 days ago and it may not be current or available today.  Feel free to contact the original poster for more information.

• Please log in to reply
    10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yarnall

yarnall

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 899 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:H613
    • Year:1956

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I bought this Ford about 10 years ago. Thought I would do something with it, but I have not. I am not much of a Ford Guy. It is a 1964 F850 with a gas V8 and 5 speed. It has hydaulic brakes. Front mounted Darley pump. Hydraulic bucket lift on the back. I had it running years back, but it never ran really well. I think the tires are 9.00x20. It was originally from Willow Street, PA in Lancaster County. I am told the bought the truck as a cab and chassis and took the tanker body off an older Dodge. I would like it to find a new home. Asking $1200 OBO or full or partial trade.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 1924 Chevy, 1955 Chevy 6400, 1964 Ford F850 650.jpg
    • 1924 Chevy, 1955 Chevy 6400, 1964 Ford F850 651.jpg
    • 1924 Chevy, 1955 Chevy 6400, 1964 Ford F850 652.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   fxfymn

fxfymn

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,307 posts
    • Model:Type 75A Fire Truck
    • Year:1952
    Contributor

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Put the pump on the Mack you just bought and sell this to a local woodchuck that wants to trim trees.

#3 OFFLINE   yarnall

yarnall

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 899 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I was.thinking of.putting the pump on the A30. I have to see how it matches up.

#4 OFFLINE   yarnall

yarnall

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 899 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

This truck is sold. It is going to Mass. to be used for parts.

#5 OFFLINE   mowerman

mowerman

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 3,489 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:dm600
    • Year:1966

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

man that thing looks like it was in pretty good shape,,,would have loved to have it,,,need more time and money...bob

#6 OFFLINE   yarnall

yarnall

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 899 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

It was a pretty neat truck. It was supposed to be shipped overseas before I bought it, but that fell thru. It sat around at the Montgomery Co, PA fire training school until I was told about it and bought it about 10 years ago. We got it running pretty easily, but it never had much power. I had other projects and it fell by the wayside. It looked good when I got it, but last ten years have not been easy on it. I wash job would do a lot of good, but it needs more than that. If it had air brakes I would have been more inclined to work on it. Or if it was a Chevy. The new owner has some interesting plans for it. Hopefully we will see it in its new form at shows in the future.

Mike

#7 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Bloated Dieselholic

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 10,191 posts
    • Model:A-40H, B-61T, B-61ST, B-67ST, B-61S, RL-797LST, RL-797LST, RL-755L, R795, R612ST
    • Year:1951 1957 1958 1962 1964 1973 1974 1978 1977 1980

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

It was a pretty neat truck. It was supposed to be shipped overseas before I bought it, but that fell thru. It sat around at the Montgomery Co, PA fire training school until I was told about it and bought it about 10 years ago. We got it running pretty easily, but it never had much power. I had other projects and it fell by the wayside. It looked good when I got it, but last ten years have not been easy on it. I wash job would do a lot of good, but it needs more than that. If it had air brakes I would have been more inclined to work on it. Or if it was a Chevy. The new owner has some interesting plans for it. Hopefully we will see it in its new form at shows in the future.

Mike

What engine was in it? 478, or 534? Those were known for lack of power and gas consumption. They would run forever and really take a beating.

Rob

Going through life knowing considerably more about nothing than the next person.

ParadeRain.gif
    Raining on your parade

#8 OFFLINE   yarnall

yarnall

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 899 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

It is a 478. It didn't even have enough power to go up a hill. Either the timing was off or it needed the carb rebuilt or both. I'm no mechanic. Maybe it was something else.

Mike

#9 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Bloated Dieselholic

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 10,191 posts
    • Model:A-40H, B-61T, B-61ST, B-67ST, B-61S, RL-797LST, RL-797LST, RL-755L, R795, R612ST
    • Year:1951 1957 1958 1962 1964 1973 1974 1978 1977 1980

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

It is a 478. It didn't even have enough power to go up a hill. Either the timing was off or it needed the carb rebuilt or both. I'm no mechanic. Maybe it was something else.

Mike

That was common for that engine. They would run a pump for hours on end trouble free, but they were terrible for on road use. They were also lucky to break five mpg in hiway use also.

Rob

Going through life knowing considerably more about nothing than the next person.

ParadeRain.gif
    Raining on your parade

#10 OFFLINE   mowerman

mowerman

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 3,489 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:dm600
    • Year:1966

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

ahhhh gotcha,,,guess its the ole ford,,,chevy thing.lol. hopefully we see it back all done up woohoo...i was also suprized ,,,didnt have air brakes,,,,i woulda guessed it did...bob

#11 OFFLINE   1958 F.W.D.

1958 F.W.D.

Lord Four Wheel Drive

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 2,047 posts
    • Make:F.W.D. (Four Wheel Drive Auto Company)
    • Model:F-725 Firetruck 750/500
    • Year:1958

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

It sat around at the Montgomery Co, PA fire training school until I was told about it and bought it about 10 years ago.

I thought that thing looked familiar.......

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Old Listing Alert!

Guest, this item was listed over 45 days ago and it may not be current or available today.  Feel free to contact the original poster for more information.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ford, F850

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users