•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

new convert B20 mack

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steven Charest

Steven Charest

First Gear

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPip
    • 14 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:B20
    • Year:1955-56 ?

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

purchast the truck today, we do barn salvage imagen my surprise at what i found inside a 1956 B20 single axle dump truck,
    all boudy pannals where removed and stored , We are in the process of towing it to my shop for a winter build

#2 OFFLINE   umodelnut

umodelnut

U685ST

• BMT VIP
    • 7,777 posts
    • Model:U685ST-11692
    • Year:1975

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Wow! thats one cool find! post some pictures i'd love to see it. :SMOKIE-LFT: :twothumbsup: :bulldog1: :mack1: :MackLogo:
    REAL TRUCKS HAVE AT LEAST ONE BENT STICK NOT JUST TWO STRAIGHT ONES.....
    Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   TBone

TBone

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,324 posts
    • Model:B61T
    • Year:1959

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

We need pics!!! Good luck on the restoration!

Tom
    "Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

#4 OFFLINE   Superdog

Superdog

• BMT Benefactor
    • 4,138 posts
    • Make:Mack (163 at last count)
    • Model:AC to CHN613
    • Year:1921 to 2007

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Congrats on the find,please post some pics for us.

#5 OFFLINE   Steven Charest

Steven Charest

First Gear

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

thanks all Im so happy to find other people who a already into this, many do not understand ! goin out today she dosent look like much but will share what I have santa came early for me this year . thinkin of installing a 5.9 cummings and keepin interior and exterior origanal .

#6 OFFLINE   Superdog

Superdog

• BMT Benefactor
    • 4,138 posts
    • Make:Mack (163 at last count)
    • Model:AC to CHN613
    • Year:1921 to 2007

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

• The Cummins would be a good fit,will make you a nice functional work & play truck.You'll probably want to update the rear end with the engine swap or it might be a little slow.

#7 OFFLINE   Steven Charest

Steven Charest

First Gear

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

not shure how to add picture yet want to be able to use her ! goin down today try to gwt better picks clearin out the shop area for her so many thing so little time thanks santa Im like a little kid when it commes to trucks and old tractors

#8 OFFLINE   bulldog man

bulldog man

Ya I was Naned After A B-Model Mack lol

• BMT Benefactor
    • 1,132 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

1st let me say :WELCOME: to BMT . Your in the right place We all have :MackLogo: fever here ;) . (ITS A FEVER I WAS BORN WITH Being named after a B model ;) ) There are plenty of folks here filled w/ :mack1: Knowledge.

get something to drink, pull up a chair & feel free to chat away on the fourms . B)

I Agree i think the 6B 5.9 Hummin Cummins would be a nice fit in a B-20 . & I agree w/ SuperDog ya may want change the rear end out. my Dad took a B422t s/a tractor w/ a blown mack gas motor in it & put a 711 in it leaving the 10 spd duplex & orig 6:17 geared rear in it . for what we was doing w/ "old dog" he was perfect he would pull anything ya put on his back he was just gear bound @ 48mph to 50 mph. (if we had to move a dozer to a job in Ms, we had to use our 74' GMC 9500 Cause lil Jimmy would run @ 67mph on the interstate down in Memphis)

keep us posted on your Bulldog & please post some pics when ya get time . & congrats on your find . :)

:mack1: Aka Bulldog Man on BMT.

Old Dog Is alive & doing well w/ new owner right here in the Millington,Tn Area !!! Thank you Lord for sending a fellow Mack Man to rescue my name sake & pride & joy Old Dog from the scrap yard in Memphis!! hopfully he will running again soon.

#9 OFFLINE   Steven Charest

Steven Charest

First Gear

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

as you see I got a sorta picture on could not find the way to attach pictures could not get it moved today, re fabin an old cement mixer we found in a barn , now it mounted to an old trailer we had and has a gas engine instead of leather belt drive , my belief is it lasted this long why buy a new one, excited and happy to have this foum to help me threw the build of by B 20 talked to the wrinch and he,'s gonna look at rear end soon as I get it to the Yard I hink He's excited new project! .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users