Where To Buy 4 In O.d. Exhaust Pipe?

Where do you guys buy sections of exhaust pipe from, thats easy to get? I need a 5 ft or so section.

Ok , my short story begins with Napa. My wife talked to them yesterday and the Beaner/Mexican American on the phone says they dont sell Semi truck exhaust pipes... we know better.

So I get on Napa's crappy web site to one up the store guy , I ended up talking to a chat guy on Napa's crappy site and he gave me the part number after 20 minutes of chatting of a 4 in OD pipe.

I go into the store 20 min away , thinking HA , I got em. So I meet 3 Mexicans behind the counter, 2 were on the phone in Spanish with who knows just talking. Then I get the last one. I tell him what im looking for, ( Get This ) He tells me they dont sell Commercial Truck Parts ... I pointed to the Commercial Truck Sign on a desk accross the store then whip out my paper with the Napa part # . He looks it up and goes wow , I didnt know we sold stuff like that. Then I find out the pipes 10 ft long and he cant look up smaller sections. ... Jesus...

I know I can cut down a 10 ft section , then I pay double for the pipe and only need half. So im going to try again tomorrow, just wanted to see if theres any place like Fleet Pride that can help..

Try a speed shop if theres one near by, most Hi po 's are running 3 1/2 to 4'' pipes. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

i went to napa for my chunk of pipe but i had good results. they even had various lenght pieces from accommadating previous customers. i bought a straight chunk of pipe and then had to bend the angle. i have a friend who owns an electrical business and he used his pipe bender to bend it for me.i couldnt find a muffler shop in the area that could handle the 4" diameter. what was interesting though was his stock of electrical conduit looked identical to the chunk of pipe i bought at napa. i dont know if it is the same steel...... but might be another outlet to pursue. aj

Thanks guys, im not giving up but this is par for the course at this Napa. He even told me to try another Napa.... wow. Just had to vent .

I called a couple muffler shops and didnt have any luck but I can try more tomorrow as its Monday , im also going to call Fleet Pride and a couple places you guys have said. Worst case il have to order it so thats not bad.

Stock lengths of exhaust tubing is 10' sticks no matter the size. 4" electrical conduit pipe is the same steel as exhaust tubing but the galvaneal coating on the exhaust piping is heavier. The only place you will fing shorter lengths is from drop, (cutoffs from other jobs), or an exhaust shop. Using a bender to form the tubing like the type utilizing a hydraulic bottle jack will crush the tube before it forms a nice radius. If you have access to a sliding shoe bender, ($$$) it will work fine. An industrial electical contractor can do a real nice job for you if they have this equipment.

Use "Torin" stainless clamps in the exhaust and you don't need to worry about leaks.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.