•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2004 Mack Vision

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   new trucker

new trucker

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

i dont know if anyone has had this problem but the place i work for has a 2004 mack vision and it keeps blowing off the rubber line after the exhaust gas cooler. mac says they dont have a clue can anyone help i get paid by the load and sittin at home dont pay the bills. thanks

#2 OFFLINE   slpwlker

slpwlker

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,849 posts
    • Make:Peterbilt
    • Model:379EXHD
    • Year:1998

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Welcome to the Jungle. You came to the right place for the help and I am sure you'll get an answer soon

#3 OFFLINE   Mackpro68

Mackpro68

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,160 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

i dont know if anyone has had this problem but the place i work for has a 2004 mack vision and it keeps blowing off the rubber line after the exhaust gas cooler. mac says they dont have a clue can anyone help i get paid by the load and sittin at home dont pay the bills. thanks

I assume its not one of the coolant hoses. If it is the outlet hose of the EGR cooler (toward the front of engine) I would have to think its an overboost turbo problem. But I have pressure tested the whole intake system (including the EGR cooler and piping) as high as 45 psi and never blew one of those hoses. The hose should be a special stepped hose (bigger on the EGR cooler end and smaller on the Mass flow tube end ("S" shaped pipe)). A new hose with new clamps to start with and a test drive to see what the turbo Boost pressure is hitting. Also check if all 4 bolts/nuts are there to secure the EGR cooler to the block. Had one today with only 3 bolts holding it on and the vibration cracked the EGR cooler causing an external coolant leak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users