•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
    - - - - -

Mack Fire Tankers

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vision 386

Vision 386

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,385 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:CX-613 (Vision)
    • Year:2001

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

I found some pictures of some Mack fire tankers used by a neighboring company when i lived in Jersey,thought they might be of some interest to the "fire buffs" o
    n here,if you go to their website,there is also a short story about a 1931 Brockway which is undergoing restoration..............Mark
    http://www.fvf431.co...iredtrucks.html

Attached Files

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

#2 OFFLINE   Firemack

Firemack

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 489 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:B75F
    • Year:1954

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

Mark

Thanks for the picture, Interesting that SueJoe from this site just sent me a picture of a similar B Model tanker from Florida, it is now retired and should be at Lititz, so I will be looking forward to seeing it in person.

Firemack

Attached Files

#3 OFFLINE   bulldogboy

bulldogboy

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 387 posts
    • Make:n/a

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

On their website, the Marsh Harbour Fire Brigade in the Bahamas shows their Engine 5, a 1958 Mack "B"
    tandem axle pumper/tanker. The truck is still marked for the Maidstone Fire Department. I have tried to
    find a Maidstone Fire Department on the internet but no luck. I know that there is a Maidstone, VT but
    they do not have a fire department. I have also found a gated community in Florida named Maidstone.
    Anyone know where this pumper and the Maidstone "B" model tanker came from? Also, MHVFB specs say that
    Engine 5 is a 500/500. Don't know why you would need a tandem axle to carry 500 gallons of water unless
    it's also a quad.

bulldogboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users