•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
    - - - - -

White 3000

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   other dog

other dog

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• BMT Benefactor
    • 8,415 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:B-53s
    • Year:1965

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Saw this 3000 White sitting just east of Appomattox on rt. 460 at Wayne Moore's shop. I saw it last Sunday and was going to drive down there today and take some pictures, but it would have been dark by the time I got there, so I just got a drive by picture when I went by on the way back to Concord. Didn't I see this truck on here a while back, or a link to e-bay or something? Seems to me it said the truck was in Appomattox and the seller was in Maryland or somewhere. Know I saw it somewhere before.
    [attachment=9246:3000 White.jpg]

Also, I finally remembered to bring the auction brochure from the L&H Trucking sale. Sale was Nov. 18, but here's some bad pictures of some of the antique trucks they sold.
    [attachment=9247:100_5187.jpg][attachment=9248:100_5188.jpg][attachment=9249:100_5193.jpg][attachment=9250:100_5194.jpg]

And I should throw this picture in,because it's just a great picture,eh?
    [attachment=9251:Western Gillette.jpg]
    • Jimkirk likes this
    "I'm off like a herd of turtles"- Old Bill

#2 OFFLINE   Vision 386

Vision 386

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,667 posts
    • Model:CX-613 (Vision)
    • Year:2001

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

I coulda'sworn i seen that before somewhere too,just not sure where! man i woulda liked to get that B-75 with the "L" cab,one of my favorites!.....liked the smokin'freightshaker too! my dad had a 1972 white freightliner C.O.E when he was leased with north american van lines 1693 CAT,13 speed,was a pretty good truck from what i can remember.........Mark
    Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

#3 OFFLINE   other dog

other dog

• BMT Benefactor
    • 8,415 posts
    • Model:B-53s
    • Year:1965

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

I coulda'sworn i seen that before somewhere too,just not sure where! man i woulda liked to get that B-75 with the "L" cab,one of my favorites!.....liked the smokin'freightshaker too! my dad had a 1972 white freightliner C.O.E when he was leased with north american van lines 1693 CAT,13 speed,was a pretty good truck from what i can remember.........Mark

Jeff said the owner of Abilene trucking bought a couple of those trucks but I don't know which ones. They sold several old Autocars too,unrestored.
    I didn't know that the Peterbilt salesman that comes by the shop a lot was the Abilene owner's brother until Jeff Moore told me. He said they had an antique truck museum in Colonial Heights at exit 52 on 95 too, but I didn't see anything about it on Abilene's website.

Found the website for the museum- looks like mostly tractors, but a few trucks too. I see they have Gary Barr's Diamond T there too. I wondered what happened to it when Gary passed away.
    http://www.keystonetractorworks.com/
    [attachment=9276:Gary Barr.jpg]
    "I'm off like a herd of turtles"- Old Bill

#4 OFFLINE   Joe Ditchkus

Joe Ditchkus

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 916 posts
    • Model:B67 A51
    • Year:1962 1950

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Other dog the White 3000 was on Ebay 2 times that I saw it. It did not make reserve either time. I think it said Cummins C-180 powered. Joe D.

#5 OFFLINE   Shifty

Shifty

Engine Started

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPip
    • 7 posts
    • Make:White
    • Model:Mustang
    • Year:1960

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Interesting thread.
    I was contacted a while ago by someone that wanted a White 3000 transported out of the Appomatox area. I suspect it would be this one. I never heard anything more about it, so I figure te deal fell through.

Also I was at the L&H auction, and the WC 28TD Jumbo Cab came home with me. There are only 6 Jumbo Cabs left that we are aware of, so it's a rare truck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users