•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unusual F-Model

• Please log in to reply
    16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vision 386

Vision 386

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,603 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:CX-613 (Vision)
    • Year:2001

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

A friend of mine up in jersey went to a land/heavy equipment auction,saw this and thought it would be of interest to me. He was'nt able too find out much about it other than the fact its a mack. I have seen some pretty heavy duty F-models,but never one like this( not in the states anyway) i have seen some export models like this,mostly oilwell drilling,heavy-haul operations overseas,....any ideas?.........Mark

Attached Files

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

#2 OFFLINE   other dog

other dog

• BMT Benefactor
    • 8,202 posts
    • Model:B-53s
    • Year:1965

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

I don't know, but it sure is a neat looking truck!
    "I'm off like a herd of turtles"- Old Bill

#3 OFFLINE   Vision 386

Vision 386

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 5,603 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

I thought so too,i'm still trying to figure out what that tank behind the cab is for,hydralic oil? we had an old end-dump trailer on the farm when i was a kid,bout the same size as the body on this truck!.looks to be all wheel drive too,looks like a differential under the front bumper?....Mark

#4 OFFLINE   hatcity

hatcity

• BMT Benefactor
    • 3,318 posts
    • Model:cx613

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

can't see the other side. Square tank looks like hyd. Round tank maybe fuel. Looks like an off road deal. Fuel tank don't get hit, dropped.
    Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

#5 OFFLINE   rhasler

rhasler

Wotta revoltin' development

• 1,876 posts
    Contributor

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

I thought so too,i'm still trying to figure out what that tank behind the cab is for,hydralic oil? we had an old end-dump trailer on the farm when i was a kid,bout the same size as the body on this truck!.looks to be all wheel drive too,looks like a differential under the front bumper?....Mark

Just a guess here, but maybe one of these.
    FM-Series Years Production Run

FM711 1979-1979 5
    FM712 1978-1980 140
    FM767 1978-1979 130
    FM785 1978-1979 17
    FM786 1977-1981 355
    "Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

#6 OFFLINE   ThaddeusW

ThaddeusW

MadMacks

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,779 posts
    • Model:B61
    • Year:1961

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Ah so you also found it! I have been asking about that truck as well, its an F800, not completely sure of the model number. Big lorry blog had an article on it. Those models were originally headed for Canada but a rare few were sold state side. The tank behind the cab is fuel, there is a square tank for hydraulic oil. That is the F model that I would want to buy. I have a picture of one working:
    Attached File  Can. Bulldog 1975 back cover- F8956EX Francon.jpg   99.1KB   15 downloads

There were also a bunch of similar models made for concrete mixers, GVW over 100K!:
    Attached File  kvn7.jpg   418.98KB   15 downloads
    -Thad
    What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

#7 OFFLINE   randyp

randyp

crash test dummy

• BMT Benefactor
    • 2,241 posts
    • Make:MACK
    • Model:B-61

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

I dont know either, but it sure would benefit my "not getting on the highway, dirt doodling, pond digging operation!" Dam, I could heap some dirt up in that! randy

#8 OFFLINE   41chevy

41chevy

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 3,855 posts
    • Model:DM800, 4 AC crane carriers, B61mixer ,R685
    • Year:1969,1928, 1929, 1934, 193? 1961,1980

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

Almost looks like it got a lot of DMM twin steer in it or the other way around. Sure like it Paul

"You can't fix problems using the same thinking that created them"  Albert Einstein

P.T. CHESHIRE

#9 OFFLINE   bulldog man

bulldog man

Ya I was Naned After A B-Model Mack lol

• BMT Benefactor
    • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

An F model on Steriods :thumb: I've always herd of a dual steer axle F Model but never seen one.

I Take this would be the C.O.E. Version of a DMM Model ? .

This is a RARE F Model here in the States & It would be a cool truck to Buy,Have & restore Also put in some shows (When i Did'nt have it hauling out of pit somewhere ;) )

Later Yall

:mack1:

Old Dog Is alive & doing well w/ new owner right here in the Millington,Tn Area !!! Thank you Lord for sending a fellow Mack Man to rescue my name sake & pride & joy Old Dog from the scrap yard in Memphis!! hopfully he will running again soon.

#10 OFFLINE   ThaddeusW

ThaddeusW

MadMacks

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,779 posts
    • Model:B61

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

An F model on Steriods :thumb: I've always herd of a dual steer axle F Model but never seen one.

I Take this would be the C.O.E. Version of a DMM Model ? .

This is a RARE F Model here in the States & It would be a cool truck to Buy,Have & restore Also put in some shows (When i Did'nt have it hauling out of pit somewhere ;) )

Later Yall

:mack1:

If you want pictures of twin steer F models look up Australian truck pictures and you will find PLENTY! An Australian member by the name of Swishy has a twin steer F with a roll back equipment bed.

The F800 and F900 models were beasts! There were a few F900's made with massive Planidrive axles, I have seen a 6x6. Those monsters all work out in the middle east still to this day doing real heavy haul work.
    -Thad
    What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

#11 OFFLINE   MADDOG93

MADDOG93

BMT Veteran VIP

• Big Dog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 227 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:r685t
    • Year:1968

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

That rig did a lot of work on the I 287/I 87 spilt at the NJ/NY boarder about ten years ago, have not seen it in a while.

#12 OFFLINE   fullfuel01

fullfuel01

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 730 posts
    • Model:R,DM,DMM,B

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

it's a F-800 series, same as a Mack DMM but with F model cab.. seen 2 in real and I don't know if they're all the same but the frame is a big H beam..

#13 OFFLINE   bullhusk

bullhusk

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 2,097 posts
    • Make:brockway
    • Model:361
    • Year:1974

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

Certified concrete out of NYC had F900's with 15+ yd HI BOY concrete mixers with only 3 axles (non planatery) 12x24 tires,there are some pic's on this site. Colonial S&S also had 15 yarder's on Crane Carriers, A-cars & some old L-series Macks. Also wasn't there a concrete co in CT. years back called HI-HO DiDarrio with the twin steers on Mack dumpers & Mixers ? Ernie

#14 OFFLINE   hatcity

hatcity

• BMT Benefactor
    • 3,318 posts
    • Model:cx613

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Certified concrete out of NYC had F900's with 15+ yd HI BOY concrete mixers with only 3 axles (non planatery) 12x24 tires,there are some pic's on this site. Colonial S&S also had 15 yarder's on Crane Carriers, A-cars & some old L-series Macks. Also wasn't there a concrete co in CT. years back called HI-HO DiDarrio with the twin steers on Mack dumpers & Mixers ? Ernie

If I remember, DiDarrio and O&G both had DMM twin steers. Been 20 years since I been back to CT to really look around.
    I know O&G had some dump and pup set ups with extendable hitch.
    Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

#15 OFFLINE   Vision 386

Vision 386

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 5,603 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hey ernie,i sure remember those diadarrio trucks,they were up around milford i believe,kind of a gold /tan color?......Mark

#16 Guest_45LMSWM_*

Guest_45LMSWM_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

If I remember, DiDarrio and O&G both had DMM twin steers. Been 20 years since I been back to CT to really look around.
    I know O&G had some dump and pup set ups with extendable hitch.

D'Addario Industries out of Bridgeport had DMMEX twin steer dumps. They had green cabs with yellow trim and "HI-HO" fabricated into the sides of the dump bodies. O & G had them as well as Genovese Concrete, who was eventually bought out by O & G. Both the D'Addario trucks and the Genovese mixers were in Mack ads back in that time.

-John

#17 OFFLINE   Lmackattack

Lmackattack

RS700L

• BMT Benefactor
    • 3,113 posts
    • Model:RS700L / B613LST
    • Year:RS 1977 / B 1965

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

I was in canada about 10 years ago I saw one of these as a cement truck. also saw a R or RB? with twin steer as a concrete truck. Was up there 2 weeks ago and saw very few macks compaired to the last time I was up there....:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users