Three Stick Shifter

rhasler

Must be awesome to drive, have been dreaming about that setup for a long time, show us the whole truck if you have any pics, thanks for sharing.

Most people I've seen try to drive it have a hard time with it. Here's a picture of it, newly painted.

post-6084-049972200 1283229561_thumb.jpg

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Most people I've seen try to drive it have a hard time with it. Here's a picture of it, newly painted.

post-6084-049972200 1283229561_thumb.jpg

I don't see where it would be needed. With the 23:1 reduction for low gear, it is just a crawl to start with. Unless of course you need the ability to shift at less than two to three mph and keep moving. The 1241 shifter shown right up against the seat would always be in the driver's leg and it is already "snug" quarters in an R series cab for the average man.

I have that same transmission in one of my trucks and it is very smooth and progressive.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't see where it would be needed. With the 23:1 reduction for low gear, it is just a crawl to start with. Unless of course you need the ability to shift at less than two to three mph and keep moving. The 1241 shifter shown right up against the seat would always be in the driver's leg and it is already "snug" quarters in an R series cab for the average man.

I have that same transmission in one of my trucks and it is very smooth and progressive.

Rob

I think most of the problem people have with it is that they don't expect to see two sticks, let alone three. Just takes some getting used to. I think the truck was originally owned by one of the big oil field service outfits for moving natural gas compressors and the like into locations with pretty bad conditions.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I think most of the problem people have with it is that they don't expect to see two sticks, let alone three. Just takes some getting used to. I think the truck was originally owned by one of the big oil field service outfits for moving natural gas compressors and the like into locations with pretty bad conditions.

One of my customers, (house and heavy mover) has a couple trucks we've set up with 1241's behind Fuller transmissions and they work well. That is some pretty bad ground to work in sometimes and the extra gear selections are welcome for positioning.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Personally I love the x107 it is a delight to pull out in low with such a low gearing , then its easy first through fourth , just always felt that the drop in rpm`s from fourth to fifth is excruciating and takes away from the trucks performance, reason that with 1241 it should just be wonderful splitting fourth and fifth.