Mack Makes Large Sale To Abf

abf.bmpMack just got a new order for over 300 Pinnacle Axle-backs going to ABF for delivery this year.

It's always good to get positive Mack news these days. Hopefully 2010 ends up being a good year for the bulldog.

Lets hope Mack keeps outselling Volvo. I would love to see the look on the faces of those arrogent Sweed's in their board room when they see the numbers.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Mack trucks are really very good, even used trucks is also giving the good response, so better to think about other just go for Mack trucks, they are really worthy..... i will personally prefer to buy it .... :mack1: even have own good experience........

From internal announcement

"Mack has received a new order for 325 Pinnacle Axle Back day cab highway tractors from long-time customer ABF Freight System, Inc., which is based in Fort Smith, AR. The trucks are expected to be delivered by year-end.

Scott Hensinger, manager – National Accounts, said ABF has been impressed with the Pinnacle’s performance and reliability over the years. To help secure the sale, the Mack sales team worked closely with Mack Financial Services and groups across NAT, including Customer Satisfaction.

The largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation, ABF Freight System uses a fleet of 4,000 trucks to ship general commodities across the U.S., nine Canadian provinces, Guam and Puerto Rico. The company is consistently recognized for best-in-class performance in productivity, safety and security, loss and damage prevention, and market innovation."

From internal announcement

"Mack has received a new order for 325 Pinnacle Axle Back day cab highway tractors from long-time customer ABF Freight System, Inc., which is based in Fort Smith, AR. The trucks are expected to be delivered by year-end.

Scott Hensinger, manager – National Accounts, said ABF has been impressed with the Pinnacle’s performance and reliability over the years. To help secure the sale, the Mack sales team worked closely with Mack Financial Services and groups across NAT, including Customer Satisfaction.

The largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation, ABF Freight System uses a fleet of 4,000 trucks to ship general commodities across the U.S., nine Canadian provinces, Guam and Puerto Rico. The company is consistently recognized for best-in-class performance in productivity, safety and security, loss and damage prevention, and market innovation."

What are general specs? S/A or tandem engine/trans. Any "goodies"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Nice to know good things like this for trucks. I did not knew that ABF has a branch here in PUERTO RICO!!! They pull doubles right????

Hope to see them soon.

And the first MACK TITAN TRUCKS are set to arrive at our local :mack1: dealer M.A CARIBBEAN INC. I will try to get nice pictures of all this trucks.

Go SCR!!!!!

I Figured that ABF Must had either Ordered New trucks or just took delivery on some new trucks.

Cause Here lately I'VE Seen a handfull of the ABF CH612 That must be coming out of service they were the ABF Green but had a different name on the door . These Ole ABF :MackLogo: were shuttling trailers in a yard down in Memphis.

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 1 month later...

I talked to one of our local ABF drivers today. The terminal here hasn't got any of the new trucks assigned to them yet, but they had one here the other day covering for a truck that was down for maintanence. He said he really liked it.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I talked to a ABF driver that delivers and picks up at our shop and have gotten to know him over the years. He didn't know anything about the big buy. The first thing he said is "How can ABF afford this, they keep telling us were broke". He has 3 years left till retirement and ABF just closed our local treminal. Now he has to drive more than 75 miles one way to work for the next 3 years. He wasn't to happy. I do all the Mack warranty at our shop and for years we always returned the large warranty items back to Mack via ABF. Well about 2 years ago Mack said dont use ABF anymore. Appartley Vitran bought more new Macks or Volvos than ABF did and now we have to use Vitran and our second choice is Yellow Freight. Hopefully with this new ABF purchase we can go back to shipping with them.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...