Lucas Oil Stabilizer

randyp

Anybody got any proffessional opinions on lucas oil stabilizer? I watched video on foaming properties and now am a lil confused (which is normal for me). I use it in engines and transmissions and rear ends for its good coating properties but the video on the foaming is a lil scary. lets hear some opinions,,,,randy

Anybody got any proffessional opinions on lucas oil stabilizer? I watched video on foaming properties and now am a lil confused (which is normal for me). I use it in engines and transmissions and rear ends for its good coating properties but the video on the foaming is a lil scary. lets hear some opinions,,,,randy

I've seen the same thing. However, there have been a lot of oil and greases marketed for a lot of specific purposes for a lot of years before the Lucas products came out without problems.

I would rather use a product designated and tested for a specific purpose rather than add any kind of "snake oil" to help it along. Nothing wrong with the product, nor am I bashing it, however I've never had an oil related failure in any engine, trans, or rear and everything I drive has in excess of 200,000 miles. My Dodge truck has been way overloaded a good portion of it's career and there are no real metal shavings in the axle drain oil every 30,000 miles or so. I'm also still on the original automatic transmission with the same service intervals. The truck has yet to consume engine oil between 5000 mile drain intervals also.

I really don't run any additives in anything but do not run anything but Chevron, or Mobil products.

Just as you asked for, "my opinions".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I add 1 gallon of Lucas when I service my 03 CX with a 427. I started using Lucas when I had my 95 CH with a 350 in it. I ran that motor to 1.5 million miles and it finally blew a head gasket so I pulled the motor. There was wear, but we figured we could have run it for a while longer if we wanted to repair the head gasket. I just figured that it was time to update.....I have the opinion that the Lucas does help. Right now I have 766,000 on my 427, and it's running 60-70 lbs oil pressure depending on the temp........

My 'ol dog has a bite worse than it's bark!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm....Is this the number I dialed????????

I add 1 gallon of Lucas when I service my 03 CX with a 427. I started using Lucas when I had my 95 CH with a 350 in it. I ran that motor to 1.5 million miles and it finally blew a head gasket so I pulled the motor. There was wear, but we figured we could have run it for a while longer if we wanted to repair the head gasket. I just figured that it was time to update.....I have the opinion that the Lucas does help. Right now I have 766,000 on my 427, and it's running 60-70 lbs oil pressure depending on the temp........

yeah, I dont think the foaming problem would be that severe in engine, but I use it in transmissions and rear ends and it foaming might be a problem there, I havent been using it long enough in anything to tell a difference, cept it seems like it quietened the drive train down quite a bit in my dump truck. Thank yall for your opinions,,,randy

:SMOKIE-LFT: I use it in all my stuff, I even use a little bit in the engine, tranny, and primary on my Harley. My opinion I believe it helps, but I am also a frequent oil changer always changing below suggested milage and believe in a good quality lubricant, and keeping it clean, I stick with either Texaco or chevron products, but also add a little lucas too, I like the grease they make also the red and tacky grease.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I use it in all my stuff, I even use a little bit in the engine, tranny, and primary on my Harley. My opinion I believe it helps, but I am also a frequent oil changer always changing below suggested milage and believe in a good quality lubricant, and keeping it clean, I stick with either Texaco or chevron products, but also add a little lucas too, I like the grease they make also the red and tacky grease.

yeah bad dog, im really a firm believer in their grease,,,randy

yeah bad dog, im really a firm believer in their grease,,,randy

Hi everybody, I have been using it for about 15 years. The main thing I use it on is Planetaries and Hub reductions. They run about 10 to 20 degrees cooler compared to oil. The seals don't leak anywhere as much as it seems to stick to them and keeps them flexible. In the Hubs on the loaders and tractors I use 100% Lucas with no other oil. In the Mack diffs when I am changing the oil I put a 4 litre container in each diff first then top it up with oil. I have had very good results with it. Best regards - Michael.

Hi everybody, I have been using it for about 15 years. The main thing I use it on is Planetaries and Hub reductions. They run about 10 to 20 degrees cooler compared to oil. The seals don't leak anywhere as much as it seems to stick to them and keeps them flexible. In the Hubs on the loaders and tractors I use 100% Lucas with no other oil. In the Mack diffs when I am changing the oil I put a 4 litre container in each diff first then top it up with oil. I have had very good results with it. Best regards - Michael.

awright michael! They even use it down under! Cool!,,,randy