Mack Vin Decoder

Barry

BE.............SURE.........TO DRINK.......YOUR...........OVALTINE...???!

Son of a bitch! LOL

On a serious note: Barry, that is a great document.

It would be interesting to see if we could write a VIN decoder plug in for the forum. A simple text box would take in the VIN as a string and a script would parse the string and then assemble a description for the truck. Would be a great addition for the forum. And then maybe we could design it to even decode the older VIN's (eg. RW713, RL700L, etc) by recognizing the first one or two characters. I dont know if IP Board supports user made plugins though.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Son of a bitch! LOL

On a serious note: Barry, that is a great document.

It would be interesting to see if we could write a VIN decoder plug in for the forum. A simple text box would take in the VIN as a string and a script would parse the string and then assemble a description for the truck. Would be a great addition for the forum. And then maybe we could design it to even decode the older VIN's (eg. RW713, RL700L, etc) by recognizing the first one or two characters. I dont know if IP Board supports user made plugins though.

I could add a decoder to a blank forum page with no problems, but someone would need to code it. That's a different project than what I can do.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK