•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fault Codes

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   casa08

casa08

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 4 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:Granite
    • Year:2003

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

I recently realized by holding the mode button and the trip resest button at the same time on our 05 Granites it will display fault codes on the odometer readout. Most of our trucks will display "no fault" after letting go of the buttons, but a couple display codes, for example 5050-14? Under the code, no matter what the code is, it also says M-136. What are these codes, and how do I determine what they mean?

#2 OFFLINE   Mack 3P

Mack 3P

Mack Truck Engineer

• Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 425 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

I recently realized by holding the mode button and the trip resest button at the same time on our 05 Granites it will display fault codes on the odometer readout. Most of our trucks will display "no fault" after letting go of the buttons, but a couple display codes, for example 5050-14? Under the code, no matter what the code is, it also says M-136. What are these codes, and how do I determine what they mean?

MID 136 is ABS.

You can search for Bendix or Wabco fault codes on the internet to see what you have.

If you don't show a fault in the cluster they are probably inactive.

#3 OFFLINE   bigen

bigen

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,174 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:chn 613 rawhide 007504
    • Year:2007

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

i have 3 inactive fault codes on my vip
    i don't have a clue what they mean, or how to get rid of them?????????

#4 OFFLINE   Mackpro68

Mackpro68

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Mack 3P is right, the MID 136 means ABS problem. The 5050-14 is probably really a "S" 050-14 which means SID 50 and FMI 14 If I was at work I would have my ABS book and could tell ya what it means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users