Egr Opinions

jerryb has been fighting his 04 cx longer than anybody i know, we had sister trucks for a while, i gave up and bought a newer truck. he refuses to give up.

havn't seen him on here in a while. i will try giving him a call......

he had a glitch in his truck, it did not throw a code when he blocked it.....

if you are willing we have been disscussing a partial block, a plate with a half inch hole in it..

you cannot drive the EGR motor like the older macks, must never pull them bellow 1,400 rpm's. i never pull mine below 1,500 rpm.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I've been looking at this sight for a while but just joined yesterday. I'm very unhappy to say I bought a 2004 vision with a 427 late last year. NO power, 4.7 mpg, and now the egr cooler is cracked. Actually I think it's been cracked right along, as i've been adding coolant pretty steady, about 1/2 gal. every 3 days. Now a gallon doesn't last all day. Parked it and started running my 02 century with a detroit. 6.7 mpg is a whole lot better than 4.7. Anyway I've been seeing that putting a 1/4" plate between the egr and the exhaust manifold seems to work out, then I should be able to block the coolant lines off. Ive seen some old posts about this, but I want to make sure it's still the best way to go. Do I still have to worry about the MAF tube? Any comments would be helpful.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys! I've been looking at this sight for a while but just joined yesterday. I'm very unhappy to say I bought a 2004 vision with a 427 late last year. NO power, 4.7 mpg, and now the egr cooler is cracked. Actually I think it's been cracked right along, as i've been adding coolant pretty steady, about 1/2 gal. every 3 days. Now a gallon doesn't last all day. Parked it and started running my 02 century with a detroit. 6.7 mpg is a whole lot better than 4.7. Anyway I've been seeing that putting a 1/4" plate between the egr and the exhaust manifold seems to work out, then I should be able to block the coolant lines off. Ive seen some old posts about this, but I want to make sure it's still the best way to go. Do I still have to worry about the MAF tube? Any comments would be helpful.

Well I know it's been a while since this post but just for any future references, I followed the basic instructions for cancelling put a egr valve on a 2005 CHN613 E7 427 ASET and yeah it is the best way to go. Cancelled the EGR system about 6 months ago, that and along with replaced gaskets on the manifold and gas mixer tube (both had slight air leaks) I have had no problems, no malfunction codes on the dash and the engine does indeed run a lot cooler. As far as the mpg it's debatable but I run within illinois with a dump truck sometimes I do over 180 per day sometimes I do less then 50 in a 10-12 hour day. But the EGR systems is useless, it only causes trouble and it costs around $4,500-5000 to repair/replace. 1/4 plate between the EGR valve and the exhaust manifold, using the gasket as a template and shaping the 1/4 plate to look exactly as the gasket it looks like it belongs there and instant headache relief

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...