•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lightning Bolt Light

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   moncalee

moncalee

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 1 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:Vision
    • Year:2007

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

#2 OFFLINE   hatcity

hatcity

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• BMT Benefactor
    • 3,132 posts
    • Model:cx613
    • Year:2001

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:42 AM

Electrical/Electronic malfunction.
    Best thing is bring to dealer, let them hook up computer. It will read the code and determine problem.

OR, with cruise control off, press the set button. Bolt will flash in a series. Count flashes (like 8-3) IF you have the manual, it will tell problem. Or ask here. these guys can diagnose the problem and the fix.
    Too bad they wont come out and fix for ya

By the way- :WELCOME:
    Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

#3 OFFLINE   Underdog

Underdog

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 634 posts
    • Model:CX613
    • Year:2000

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

If your dealer didn't know what that light was all about, then you need to go to another dealer. I wouldn't trust them to work on the truck. Either they are clueless or they blew you off. Both would disqualify them from earning your business.

#4 OFFLINE   Logistixx

Logistixx

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 4 posts
    • Make:MACK
    • Model:CV713 Granite
    • Year:2005

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

I just bought a 2005 Granite CV713, and my Lightning Bolt light comes on when under load. Took to Mack Dealer outside New Orleans, LA, and they put a computer on the truck that said it was a "humidity sensor".

I agree with the prior posts... If your dealer cannot tell you what the problem is, the DEALER may be a problem.

Either they really DO NOT know (which is not good), OR, they were blowing you off.
    Steve Z
    Logistixx Transport, LLC
    Port of New Orleans, LA

#5 OFFLINE   Bumblebee090458

Bumblebee090458

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 322 posts
    • Model:B615T
    • Year:1964
    Contributor

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Check the coolant level in both the upper reservoir and lower. One of the sensors may become exposed and trigger the lightning bolt. The bolt itself means electronic malfunction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users